Global warming is the increase in average global temperature on the Earth's surface caused by human activities, which has a long-term effect on weather balance and the ecosystem.
Since the 1950s, it has been recognized as a severe environmental hazard. Climate change is true, and it can obliterate humanity from the planet's surface.
What are the Causes of Global Warming?
- The greenhouse effect is a natural phenomenon, but the rise in greenhouse emissions is due to human activities. The burning of fossil fuels raises the levels of greenhouse gases in the Earth's atmosphere, worsening the greenhouse effect.
- Volcanic eruptions are another aspect that leads to global warming. A single volcanic eruption can release a large amount of carbon dioxide and ashes into the atmosphere.
- Deforestation contributes significantly to the excess amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. When trees die, the carbon they have accumulated during photosynthesis is released, increasing the levels of carbon.
What are the Effects of Global Warming?
- An increase in water levels, melting of glaciers, and afforestation.
- Global warming has impacted the weather patterns, resulting in more droughts and heatwaves, more precipitation, more natural disasters like floods, hurricanes, storms and wildfires, frost-free season, etc.
Humans are responsible for most of the warming over the last century by emitting heat-trapping gases in our daily lives. The levels of greenhouse gases are higher now than they have ever been in the last 800,000 years.
How to Prevent Global Warming?
- Implementing laws that protect the forest from deforestation. Cutting down trees would only increase the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. Instead, we need to urge people to plant more trees to restore nature's balance.
- Use renewable energy sources such as solar, wind, biomass, and geothermal energy instead of burning fossil fuels.
- Promoting public transport, carpooling, and electric and hydrogen mobility will significantly reduce CO2 emissions and thereby aid in the battle against global warming.
- Reduce energy and water consumption by using more efficient devices like LED bulbs and an automated shower system.